CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Another Groupie Tale on Hallow's Eve


In Honor of Halloween

......

I wanted to post a video of one of my favorite comedians Stephen Lynch doing his Halloween Song. By the way, the guy pictured above is not Stephen Lynch, his name is China. I will get to China later on, but back to Stephen Lynch and his awesome Halloween song!!I wanted to post the video right on my page, BUT I can not seem to figure out how to post a video from youtube. If anyone out there can help me it would be greatly appreciated. But this is something I really want you to see, I'm sure you will enjoy it so if you click this link Halloween Song you wont be disappointed, it's hilarious.

.....


So tomorrow is Halloween!! I am so excited!! It's going to be a very busy night for me. First I am taking my daughter trick or treating. Then I may do some fun "adult" trick or treating" myself so I may not have time to post a blog. So I thought I would take the time tonight to post yet another Groupie Tale for your enjoyment!! So here goes

.....

The Rocker Boi Who Changed My Life
So it was not such a happy time in my life. My husband had filed for divorce. I had gained mucho pounds with the pregnancy of my daughter. I was faced with the challenge of being a single Mom with no family here at all in Arizona where I reside and really no emotional support from anyone. You could say I was pretty depressed. Well..what always pulls me through? That's right music, rock and roll. So one of my best friends of all time "V" said she was flying out to Arizona to come and visit me. That was great! AND... Our hometown guy friend who plays for a famous band was doing a show here then in Los Angeles and then Las Vegas. So my daughter was going to be with her father and we were going to go on a road trip and hit all three concerts! I couldn't wait to get out and experience a concert again! Since I had become a mother and had gained weight I really didn't go to any concerts. So this was going to be such a fun time and with my Lady Friend "V" coming it was definitely going to be a blast!!

......

So "V" flies in and we catch up. She is one of those friends that it doesn't matter if it has been years since you have seen each other it always seems just like yesterday. So the day of the first concert here in Phoenix what do we do? We head out to the venue to talk to our friend and to make sure we have passes for that night. So much had changed since I had became a mother. I actually had an in home childcare business and so we went to the venue in my mini van with 6 children in tow. Yup... it was a sight to see. But I stayed with the children while "V" went and retrieved our friend and made sure the passes were there for us for that night and everything was set to go. So we went to the concert that night and everything was very cool. That was Thursday night. I had taken Friday off of work so Friday morning we head to L.A. for the show at the House of Blues.
.....

We arrived in L.A. got to our hotel, non other than the Riot House right across the street from The House of Blues. Our friend got us passes and V.I.P. for concert at the House of Blues. If you have never been in V.I.P. at the House of Blues it is a MUST. There are different little rooms and little niches' in which to converse, a patio and of course a bar. It was so very Rock N Roll.

.....

So I am sitting there on one of the couches and in walks "my type" of guy. Long black hair, black leather trench coat, black leather shorts down to his knees, fishnet stockings, big healed black leather boots, eyeliner, oh yeah...my type of guy all the way. That is one thing about L.A. every time I go there I see this type of guy. It feels like home. So in walks this guy, at first I think it's Nikki Sixx, (mostly because of the hair) but also because Nikkie had written a song for the band that my friend plays for and I thought he just may have popped in to say hello. As soon as I see this guy "V" says, "Oh God, that one was made just for you" or something to that effect. So I admire him from afar and the night goes on. A little later "V" and I go down to the bottom floor of the HOB to take a look around. While we were going back in the elevator to V.I.P. we notice this guy along with about 3 others are in the elevator with us. "V" strikes up a conversation with him the elevator door opens and and we all walk to the bar. He and I start talking and its as if I had known this guy forever. His name was China, he was so very strange but yet magnetic. He intrigued me. He played for a well known band and later I would go out and buy the c.d., of course I would. He and I hung out all night long, just he and I. ("V" is a people person and she was having a good time talking and being the social butterfly that she is.) I even remember when China and I walked through the t.v. room on the way to the outside patio one of the managers was sitting on a couch with a group of people who looked frightened of my new friend. Which I found hilarious.
I heard the manager say,
"That's just China, he's harmless"
......

Now you may be wondering how this Rocker Boi changed my life, well I will tell you. As I mentioned before I had gained weight with my pregnancy and I tried to get it off, but I was bigger than I had ever been in my life and it was a battle. When you are bigger than you have ever been you tend to lose confidence in yourself. Well...just the fact that China was hanging with me all night meant a lot, but it was something he said to me. I remember it as if it was yesterday. We were outside on the patio just he and I. The subject of sex came up. We talked about what we liked and such, then he stood up and asked me to stand up. He walked around behind me and said

"I really like your ass, yeah, you have a really nice ass...mmmmm"

and that was it, but that's what it took to boost some kind of confidence in me. After that night I started losing weight and I have NEVER been that big again!! He have me my confidence back and that changed my life. It really did. I saw him the next year at NAMM and I was so proud to be smaller and for him to see it too. I did tell him how he affected me and my life. He and I have kept in touch through out the years. Sometimes I will ask him advice about a guy I am interested in and he tells me the guy point of view. He always watches out for my best interest. It's funny how two souls find each other, how you meet someone and it feels as if you have known them your whole life and can talk to them about any and everything.
.....

You know most of the time Rocker Boi's are out for one thing, or multiple things. It seems they always want something. But China, he gave unto me, he changed my life. I have never met another like him, and I doubt I ever will. I will never forget him. He will always have a special place in my heart.
Forever and Always
Needless to say after the concert Friday Night at the House of Blues "V" and I didn't make it to the concert Saturday night in Las Vegas ha ha ha
......

1 comment:

Saliva Vickie said...

Another awesome and well written story of another totally fun time we had together! There's been some fun times, eh, girl! That was truly a night to remember!!
Love ya,
Vickie