CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Perfection

The Obsession of Perfection
....
Today I got an text message from a former co-worker wanting to talk. We had kinda lost touch so I scheduled some time this evening. Our talk turned out to be a 3 hour long conversation.
Seems she has been clinically depressed for about a month. She had gotten so obsessed with perfection that she wound up making a big mistake.
.....
She had been having acne breakouts and wanted her face to be perfect to the point that she tried some prescription medication. The medication burned her skin to the point that it left a bleach spot on her face. This then lead to her not leaving the house, not wanting to be seen out in public, not wanting to be seen by anyone at all. This girl is so beautiful inside and out that it hurt me that she was hurting. Women I'm sure you all know that we are such nurturing souls we cant hear or see our friends go through any type of hurt without it hurting us too. It hurt me because like I said this girl was, and I'm sure still is, beautiful. Of course she does have a beautiful face, but she also has a body to die for and she is a real and genuine person on the inside to boot. Her Dr. as well as I assured her it would all be okay. I also assured her that her life was not at an end because of this imperfection. Also she told me that the Dr. had told her that her face would heal and the bleach spot would no longer be visible in time. Which lead me to the thought of.....
.....
Why do we do this, why do we become so obsessed with being perfect. No one is perfect, we all know this, but still we try. We see all the models who have professionals do their make up and hair, have you ever seen Oprah without her makeup and hair done! It makes a BIG DIFFERENCE! Then you have the women who have the money and time to have personal trainers and go to the gym everyday and have killer bodies, give me a break! I mean of course I would like a personal trainer, but I have neither the money or time for this. Then you see the super thin models with their HUGE breast implants!! Who can look like this naturally? NO ONE!!!! Sure I will be the first one to admit I want implants and I am on the way to getting them. I have wanted breast implants since the age 18!! That is a dream of mine as well as a goal I have set for myself and I set it a LONG time ago. You can bet that I am damn sure gonna get them. But that is just me. Some people want the perfect face, or the perfect body, or both. But no one really talks about the perfect soul.
.....
I think we should all look at our assets and build upon them. Have confidence in who you are. Do you know when I was really overweight (220 lbs at 5'2) I hated going out in public. I felt really bad in anything that I wore because I was so big. Then once I went to a concert and saw someone bigger than me but they looked good. This was confusing to me because they weren't the perfect weight, they didn't have the perfect body or face, so what was it that they had?
.....
It was that they had confidence! They had the confidence to wear what they wanted and because of their confidence they looked good in what they wore. Their spirit from the inside shown through to their outer being. I'm sure you have all experienced this, you see someone, they are not perfect but they have tons of attention from the opposite gender because of their confidence!!
.....
As well as I'm sure you have seen that man or woman with the perfect body and the perfect face and they are ugly on the inside. I have met a few of those and once I found out their personalities, and who they were on the inside, they were no longer attractive.
.....
All in all its really who you are on the inside that counts. Maybe you are not a super model but you are a beautiful person and because this beauty shines through you attract many people. So be proud of who you are. Hold your head up high, have confidence in yourself, and people will notice!!

No comments: