CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, November 17, 2008

Something Wicked This Way Comes ~ Through E-Mail
.....
I just don't get some people. Just when you think you have heard it all, you ain't heard nothing!!
....
So I was on craigslist looking for a twin bed for my daughter. We are moving into a two bedroom after sharing a one bedroom. The only thing about this wonderful new venture I have going on is I do not have a bed for my daughter. The ones I saw on craigslist were too expensive for my budget and Christmas is coming!! So I thought I would post something about my situation and see if someone would be willing to "donate" for lack of a better term a decent twin bed to me and my daughter. I really didn't know if I would hear anything back, but there it was first thing this morning a email from someone wanting to help! I was so excited! So I opened the email and this is what it said:
.....
"I would love to help what can I do? And what are you willing to trade? AGE?"
.....
Well, I was excited someone wanted to help but didn't quite understand the whole "trade" thing so I wrote back with this reply:
.....
"Hello, I am not exactly sure what you are asking. I was asking for help to get a bed for my daughter. What are you looking for in trade? What would help you out? I'm sorry but I just do not understand your question."
....
They then replied with:
....
'You willin to trade any personal time?'
.....
I thought the email said personal item...So I answered like this:
.....
"Sure, but not sure what you are looking for. Like I said I am a single mother. We now live in a one bedroom, so personal items are not a plenty. What type of personal items are you looking for? I cant really think of anything of value that I have that anyone would interested in. I do have a kitchen table that we haven't used but a few times, we tend to eat in front of the t.v. I bought it last year new, two of the chairs are not even assembled yet."
.....
Then this is what I get back....
....
"are you attractive?...making sense now?"
.....
Well to say the least I was astonished and disturbed by this email'er who started out pretending to help me and daughter out. I mean where do people get off trying to take advantage of others like this? Man, first thing in the morning too...
But I did not let it ruin my day! The freak! I just chalked it up to experience and never responded back.
Some people have some nerve!! And this person just got on my last one!!

No comments: