CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, December 13, 2008

It's All Happening
.....
I am sorry I haven't been online as much as I should. I have been looking for a new job. One that pays better with better benefits. Though it's scary and a little intimidating changing professions but, like I said in my earlier blog I have to make more money.
I did take that vacation day this past Monday and went out on a search. I had a couple of interviews. One called me back for a second interview today. Guess what people? I got the job!!!
.....
As happy as I was to get the job offer there was one glitch. They want me to start this Monday. The manager (Joe) told me he didn't know when there would be another class starting, maybe not for 3 to 4 weeks out. I told them I really needed to give a notice at my present job. So the manager gave me his number and told me to call him this afternoon with my decision. I got on the phone after leaving the interview and called my manager at my present job. She has always been so supportive and just a great all around boss. When I told her my dilemma guess what she said? She told me I should take the job. She said she totally understood my predicament and is always supportive of any of her employees that move onto to a better paying job. I told her I was worried about giving a notice. She said not to worry. She said if I had just not showed up or just walked out of work it would be different, but I did contact her and ask her advice so this is totally different. See....I told you she was a great boss. I am going to miss her SO much!! As well as all of my fellow co-workers.
.....
So I think you got the picture. I called Joe back and told him YES I would take the job and I would be there at 7:00 am on Monday morning!!
.....
So thank you all for your good luck wishes. I probably will only be posting on here once a week because I am going to be working 10hr days and learning a totally new job. I'm sure it will take some time to get used to everything, but I believe good things are coming my way.
I have faith and I believe!! It feels good to believe in myself. I KNOW I can do this and I KNOW this will be better for both my daughter and I.
I am blessed.
......
So stay tuned till next time when I can fill you in on how the new job, new life is going!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so Happy for you! I knew you could do it... It feels great huh? I am here for you when you miss thoses kids I know the feeling it hurts but remember you touched the lives of thoses children forever... That in itself feels great.. I love you

beth said...

Well done. I hope the job is fulfilling. Can you blog at work?